Friday 29 December 2017

Review of Taipei Starbucks 101 Level 35

Today I am going to review this place which many people rave about on internet with my personal experience.

Let's go back a bit to Dec 2016.
I was in Taipei and at the time, the research I did on internet did not mentioned about the new reservation system. I did what most people do, went to level 1 of the building trying to get a ticket from the machine. After a while, I realised it was not like that anymore. I asked the front desk and they told me the new booking system is to call in advance to reserve. I left disappointed and for the next few days, tried calling but to no avail.

This experience made me even more excited to go up to take a look.

Fast forward to Dec 2017, I tried to call international one week before my expected arrival. First day, I cannot get through after trying like 100x. So I prepared myself that the same thing will happen, it is unlikely to get through the line. I took a relax view of this itinerary, if I got through, so be it.
On Boxing Day, I gave it another try not thinking that I will call through, and surprisingly someone answered on my third try. I was really excited and looking forward to it.

This is my opinion of the place after my trip there.
Entrance to Starbucks Level 35

Firstly, the place is quite small. They take about 20pax per 90mins, and when we went up, the place is already quite packed. There is no enough seats for 20 of us coming in at once. In addition, the office staff were also coming in as it was 2pm in the afternoon. Next, for a place with so many people, the air-conditioner was not working particularly well. The outside temperature was around 16 degree and I felt really hot and stuffy inside.
The place was packed and stuffy

Being non-competitive, we were finally left with window high seat and as we sat and ate our food, we soon realised that it was facing the west sun which was setting at that time. The glare was so strong that we did not last more than 40mins.
The not-so-clean window

Thirdly, the windows were not particularly clean to take good pictures.
The glaring sun view

Lastly, the service was average.



No comments:

Post a Comment