Sunday 18 December 2005

Encounter in Bustling Shanghai

today, while sitting at a crowd local chinese fast food chain having my dinner
i saw a very very caring mother action that prompted me to think of my own action again
i mentioned before in my blog on children beggars...
at this bustling shopping centre...this mother brought her little girl (maybe about 6 or 7 yrs old) going round the food outlet begging...as usual all pple ignored them...until
they came to this mother-daughter duo's table. The mother is about 40+ and the dau is 18 or so...this mum actually took RMB10 and passed it to the little girl and told her in a loving way not to beg...I can see from her eyes the kindness she protrays...to me...she is the most beautiful woman in the world at that moment...she is not afraid of the little girl asking for more...she is not afraid of more beggars crowding round her...i asked myself...what am i afraid of...why am i hestitating...isnt help is where and when it happens...at that instant? am i a coward?

No comments:

Post a Comment